Some of Our Sponsors
Ky Area Bluegrass Calendar
- The Kevin Prater Band – The Way I Am – Mountaineer Opry House
- The Kevin Prater Band – A Good Woman’s Love – Mountaineer Opry House
- The Kevin Prater Band – Walking Rails And Counting Ties – Mountaineer Opry House
- Nightflyer – Full Show – Foggy Valley 2013
- Ralph Stanley II Full Show Foggy Valley Farm Bluegrass Festival 2013
- Turning Ground – Lonesome River – Homer Ledford Concert Series
- Carlton Rawlings Bath County Fiddler
- The Seldom Scene – Wait A Minute – Carter County Shrine Club Bluegrass Festival
- The Seldom Scene – Walk Through This World With Me – Carter County Shrine Club Bluegrass Festival
- Sammy Adkins – Single Girl – Mountaineer Opry House
Many of the original songs have a rural, Kentucky flavor shaped from the memories of characters in real life such as Aunt Ollie’s porch or Willie’s moonshine still. The Mountain Bride tells a beautiful love story in an earlier but enduring time. Jim Crow tells a story about a young mans love for music and the old gentleman he knew that played.
The Kevin Prater Band bases their sound on strong vocal harmonies, built around high trios, and their style is reminiscent of the classic Seldom Scene and 1970's Country Gentlemen performances.
They are also steeped in the tradition of Gospel music, and pride themselves on the a capella hymns and great gospel songs that people have come to enjoy.
Sammy Adkins and The Sandy Hook Mountain Boys perform full time playing at many major festivals. They also play indoor shows and private parties. You can also see Sammy and the boys from time to time appearing on the Cumberland Highlanders show on RFD-TV. So if you like good old time mountain style bluegrass, take a listen to Sammy Adkins and The Sandy Hook Mountain Boys.
This is a brand new section of the I Dig Bluegrass website. It will grow. It is a way for us to work together a little bit. For example, The Kevin Prater Band page is being maintained by Stacey Wright. She can log in to make changes or additions to her page as she likes. If you would be interested in having a similar page contact me.